Health and Safety Policy
At Atlantica, our first priority is to guarantee the safety of both our employees and those of our subcontractors working in our assets or in our work centers. We are firmly committed to maintaining a zero-accident culture.
Within our Values, “Integrity, Compliance and Safety” prevails over the rest. We believe in a safety culture that is based on each employee’s constant commitment, the integration of safety into processes, procedures and training, the reporting and analysis of any near misses, strict quality controls, sharing of lessons learnt and best practices within our company, and comparison with recognized international companies.
To maintain a safety culture, Atlantica has integrated health and safety management within all hierarchical levels of the company, including subcontractors working in our assets. We believe this is the way our operations can be conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
To fulfill the highest standards of health and safety, we seek to:
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, contractual obligations and our company policies that govern us.
- Identify, mitigate and eliminate health and safety risks in our assets and work centers.
- Maintain an Occupational Health and Safety Management System in compliance with ISO standards.
- Identify and implement health and safety best practices in all our assets.
- Maintain channels of communication and participation with our stakeholders in order to share the company’s health and safety principles.
- Establish human and material resources to follow up subcontractors’ activities in our assets and define annual health and safety targets.
- Provide health and safety training to improve employee skills.
- Promote initiatives to consolidate a culture of health and safety.
- Engage with contractors with a similar approach to us on health and safety.
- Conduct periodical follow-up committees at the different levels of the organization to monitor health and safety performance.
- Promote a continuous improvement philosophy with a zero accidents ambition.
Atlantica’s senior management monitors the implementation of this Health and Safety Policy in the Health and Safety and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Committee, which is held once a month.